Elks Lodge Membership
To be eligible for membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States (or an individual who has served in the armed forces) over the age of 21 who believes in God.
You must be sponsored by a member of the Elks Lodge and reside in the jurisdiction of the Lodge you wish to join. You also need two other Elks who will be your co-sponsors. The Elk who proposes you for membership must obtain a Membership Application from the Lodge Secretary.
After your proposer fills in the required portion, you will be given the Application for Membership. Fill it in following the instructions and answering all questions. Return the completed application to the Lodge Secretary.
Your application will be read at a regular Lodge meeting. It will then be forwarded to the Investigating Committee who will call you and set up a time for you and your sponsor to meet with the committee so that they can interview you.
After the interview is concluded, the committee will report to the Lodge concerning your membership. The members will be give a notice not less than 10 days nor more than two months before the vote will be taken.
When the vote is concluded, you will be notified and asked to present yourself and your spouse for indoctrination. During indoctrination, you will learn more about the Order’s programs and charities. You will also be told during the program the date you will be initiated.
After initiation as an Elk, you can take part in all meetings and social functions of the Lodge.
If for any reason your application is rejected, you cannot make application for membership for six months from the date of rejection.
- Certain membership privileges are extended to your spouse and your children under age 19 who reside with you.
- Access to a network of more than 1,000 BPOE Lodges throughout the USA.
- Access to a wide variety of exclusive golf, social and dining events hosted at the Lodge.
- Discounted green fees and banquet room fees for Members.
- More than 20 Member-directed committees, such as Elks National Foundation, Activities, Americanism, and National Veterans Service to name a few–open to all Members who wish to participate.
- Scenic Wedding Site overlooking the Golf Course
- Olympic Size Pool – heated April to November
- Tennis Courts
- Sand Volleyball Court
- Picnic BBQ area adjacent to the pool
- Horseshoe pits
- Exercise Rooms
- Men’s and Women’s lockers with saunas
- Lindsay Gray Room – billiards, game tables, and shuffleboard
Family Fun Nights – the first Friday of every month bring the kids for arts & crafts, pizza and a movie or theme (themes include and Reptile Night and Bird Night during the summer). Open to all ages.
Various events throughout the year: Monday Night Football, Casino Night, SuperBowl, Daytona 500, Wine and Tequila Tastings, Crab Feeds, Annual Flea Market, etc.
Seasonal and holiday parties: Summer pool party, Oktoberfest, Easter and Mother’s Day Brunches, Father’s Day Golf Tournament and BBQ, Christmas / Holiday parties, etc.
- Golf Tournaments and Leagues
- LEGs (Ladies of Elks Golf)
- Closest to the Pin